Note: Not all safety policies are listed here. To get a complete list, please contact Des Reardon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oilsands Expediting is:
- CORE Certified
- CanQual Registered
We at Oilsands Expediting Ltd. believe strength is in your employee's. We seek out highly skilled individuals that have the experience and the interpersonal skills needed in the market place. Our employee's bring with them:
- Class of licence required
- Over 100 years combined experience
- Pre alcohol & drug test
- Professional attitude
- All safety certificates
It is our policy to have a safe work place. To insure this, we need everybody's participation.
The management is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions, and to promoting positive attitudes toward safety, health and environmental consciousness within the organization.
Management is responsible for providing a safe work site and for establishing and maintaining adequate standards of maintenance of site and equipment to ensure that physical and health hazards are eliminated or guarded against and for developing work procedures conducive to a safe environment and healthy workplace.
Superintendents and foremen are responsible for ensuring that workers are properly instructed to do their work safely, for enforcing safe work procedures and regulation, and for correcting all unsafe activities. Periodically, these individuals, along with members of the work force may be asked for input into review and revision of safe work practices and procedures.
All workers and subcontractors are required to work safely, to know and follow all rules and safe work practices and procedures.
Every one is expected to correct or report unsafe conditions and activities, and to work cooperatively toward the prevention of accidents.
* The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over O.H. & S. Regulations. All employees should be familiar with the O.H. & S. Act and regulations.
To ensure designated Managers and Supervisors are knowledgeable of Company Safety Program.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Maintain overall control of the Safety and Loss Prevention Program direction.
- Ensure all established safety policies are administered and enforced in all areas.
- Ensure that all field operations personnel are aware of and effectively practice the policies and procedures set out in the Safety Program.
- To communicate directly with client management personnel with respect to major safety issues and concerns.
- To review site inspection reports and make recommendations as required.
- To act as liaison between government agencies and Owner regarding major safety issues.
- To participate in weekly safety meetings when possible.
- To co-ordinate and expedite any specialized safety equipment that may be required on the job site.
- To schedule pre-job safety meeting with subcontractors, company personnel and client representatives.
Provide safe working conditions for all workers under his/her supervision. He/she is accountable to the manager for the performance of personnel through safe work procedures.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Familiarizes him self with the Safety program. Must be knowledgeable of and comply, with all regulations, laws and codes.
- Enforces all established safety regulations and work methods.
- Takes disciplinary action necessary to ensure compliance with the rules.
- Imparts to each employee an understanding that violation of established safety rules would not be tolerated.
- Provide instructions to workers in safe work procedures. As part of the routine duties, the supervisor shall require employees to use personal protective equipment as appropriate, e.g., Hard hats, goggles, masks, respirators, safety glasses or other items deemed necessary.
- Correct physical conditions, which are liable to cause or have caused accidents.
- Undertake the investigation of accidents, incidents or near misses to determine the underlying causes, and ensures prompt corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence. These must be reported in detail to the superintendent and the required report forms completed on a timely basis.
- Provides a good example for employees by always directing and performing work in a safe manner.
- Conduct regular inspection for unsafe practices and conditions and ensure prompt corrective action to eliminate causes of accidents.
- Work in co-operation with other project supervisory personnel in determining safe practices, enforcing their observance, and developing procedures for dealing with violations and developing other general safety and accident prevention.
- Provide each employee with information about the hazards on the job and how to avoid them.
- Maintain a housekeeping standard and assign definite responsibilities to individuals for good housekeeping.
Duties to include but not limited to;
- Carry out their work in a manner that will not create a hazard to their own safety and health or the safety and health of other employees.
- Refusing to work when unsafe conditions exist and refusing to perform work are not competent to perform.
- Assist site supervision in the reduction and controlling of accident producing conditions and unsafe acts on the work site.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to report all unsafe or hazardous conditions to their supervisors.
- Report any accidents, incidents, near misses and/or injuries immediately to their supervisor.
- Employees will make safety a part of their job by following safety rules and regulations as published in the Corporate Safety Manual, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and by using all safety equipment and safe guards provided by the company.
- If an employee is injured on the job and requires medical attention the employee is entitled to light duty work and shall inform the attending physician of the same.
- When an employee is treated by a physician following an injury, he shall report any anticipated loss of working time to his supervisor as soon as possible.
- Participating in all training offered by the employer and clients on their worksite.
- Using required personal protective and safety equipment.